Friday, May 11, 2007

Ghost

Friday evening and a sudden knock on the door makes me jump up from the sofa to see who is coming to visit me. I am very surprised since it is almost nine and there are not many who come to visit you at that time of the day in Svångemåla. And sure enough, no one was waiting for me to open. Spooky. And then I heard the knock again! Hm. What is going on? I took some steps to look at the other side of the house but no, I could not see anyone. Is someone making fun of me or what is going on? Then one more knock and I am now sure a ghost is running around my house. I walk slowly back towards the door when the “ghost” suddenly appears in the form of a beautiful black, white and red woodpecker. I am relived that it was only a bird that had scared me but at the same time I started to wonder what it had tried to catch on my house. A worm, a beetle, or what? I will probably never know but I am a bit concerned that I have a guest that might not go away that easily. Many have fought hard battles to scare away woodpeckers and there are many stories about humans going mad before the bird leaves. To be continued…. maybe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, det var tur att det inte var jag som var ensam i Svångemåla när något sådant händer. Tror det kan bli svårt att bli av med hackspetten om han bestämt sig för att huset är ett bra ställe att hacka på.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.