Sunday, July 26, 2009

Big birds do not fly in dense forests

Yesterday I was out driving on a narrow gravel road in the middle of a very dense forest. The speed was hardly much faster than I would have done on a bike and I really enjoyed the fragrances that came through my open windows when suddenly a big, very big bird appeared just in front of me. It was some sort of eagle but I must admit that I have no clue what kind it was. It continued to fly just in front of me for at least a couple of hundred meters, just like a rabbit that is caught in the headlights of a car. I was wondering why when I realized that it was just not possible for the big bird to veer off into the dense forest since it was too big. The space was not enough. I thought about it later and came to the conclusion that it is the same when you have a big idea. If the environment is full of narrow-minded people, where the norms are standing as close as the trees in a dense forest, the big ideas cannot come in but must follow the open road until they eventually are hit by a car or just fall down due to exhaustion. The Svångemåla proverb is:

"Big birds do not fly in dense forests."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.