Wednesday, July 7, 2021

The Linden tree

I have told you about our linden tree several times before but this time of the year it is impossible not to mention it again. It is in full bloom and thousands of insects enjoy the free meal they can find in the flowers. Bumblebees, butterflies, beetles and flies are constantly buzzing around to both my and the birds' enjoyment.

Most of them are very small and not particularly beautiful when looking at them from a distance but if you manage to get really close they can be truly spectacular.

This is just a few of the many I have seen so far and more will come this way…

If you can tell me the name of the animals, please let me know by writing a comment after the blog post. Thanks in advance!  

Usually, I use a macro lens to take these kinds of pictures but since the linden tree is too big to get close to the insects, I have used the lens I use when taking pictures of birds, a 500 mm lens but I have still had to crop heavily. 



1.

2.
3.

4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.

10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.


No comments: