Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Today's Insight

In all religions, the image of God is always a reflection of what is considered to be “the best” and what we humble human beings would like to be like. For example, the old Scandinavian God Thor was a very violent and powerful man, in Christianity God is a very wise and almighty God and so on. I have never really understood why so many of the Gods in the Indian mythology have so many arms and hands until today when I all alone had to put together a couple of IKEA style wardrobes while they were standing up. (It is a lot more difficult than when you can have them lying down.)

One hand had to stabilize the side, one the top, one the screw, one the screwdriver, one the back panel that had to fit into a tiny incision in the side panel and one had to swipe away the sweat that irritated my eyes. Since I only have two hands, and hardly that, it took some time before I figured out how to manage but in the meantime I realized the reason why Gods in India have so many arms and hands. No a bad insight on a rainy day! And I now have two new wardrobes for Mrs Bear and me.

No comments: