Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Has Twiggy got acne?

Suddenly my teenager Twiggy the Linden tree has got something looking like acne. Or is it too much sun? Not possible this summer but its leaves are getting reddish and has got small bumps that makes it look at bit unhealthy. After a bit of research the conclusion is that she is suffering from Phytoptus tiliae. It is not going to harm her too much but I am still a bit concerned and wonder what needs to be done to remove the small, very small animals.

2 comments:

Birgitta G said...

Do they come from the air or from the ground? If the come from the ground You can stop them next year, but this year I think You have to live with them. /besserwisser

Bear said...

From what I understand, they are not too harmful and I do not have to do much to get rid of them. If it starts to look worse, I will ask you for help!