Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Road III

This is what it used to look like when you approached my house. The road made a gentle turn to the left after which it went around my house and garden / plot.



The new road turns right and then comes a long curve to the left before it joins the old road. The turns are not at sharp as they used to be and it is farther away from my house but it runs between my house and "The field" and it will take some time before it melts into the environment as well as the old does. The traffic will not increase from the five to ten cars that pass every day so the big question is if it was really necessary to make this "improvement" ?

2 comments:

Canadiun said...

Bear - I always find it difficult to reconcile my love of nature with my love of car rallying. Maybe this new road is a way to bring the World Rally Championship to Svangemala?
:-)

Bear said...

Sadly not. The old road was used a couple of times and one of the best drivers in Sweden used it for practice several years ago but the new road is far too straight and "boring". At least the 200 meters that goes pass my house.