Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Road II

The road is almost finished and it looks better than expected BUT it is still like a scar in what used to be my untouched backyard. All involved have been very accommodating and shown sincere concerns regarding all concerns I have had but still ... it is not what it used to be and it will take a while before I feel totally comfortable. On top of everything, the hunters have realized that “the field” is a prime area for moose, deer and other wildlife and have erected a small tower from which they can scan the area for possible game. I do understand that the moose population has grown far too fast and needs to be reduced and the wild pigs is of equally growing concern, BUT was it really necessary to build the tower just 98 meters away from my plot? The recommendation is 200 meters but on the other hand, their firing will now be away from my house which is much better than the other way around!

All in all, I have very mixed feelings about the developments and that is the main reason why I have not added anything to the blog recently. Next time I will add some pictures to give you a better understanding of what is going on in Svångemåla.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shit- the whole thing sounds like an urban development scheme which you should have been spared. It is good to have some Africa experience under the belt in such situatons... at least you know the hunters are now coming over or through the wall to get after whatever or whomever they may find on the other side...