Sunday, July 6, 2008

Red berries

It is today one week since I met the two moose calves in the woods but I still get goose bumps thinking about it. A lot of people have asked me if I was not afraid but to be honest, I never even thought about the cow / mother coming back to protect her off-springs. I was just so moved by their curiosity in me and their believe that I was as friendly and harmless as they were. It will not take long for them to learn to avoid humans and fear them as much as we fear a grown up moose.

The picture below is a good example of something that looks nice and even tempting to eat but is, I have been told, very poisonous. Unfortunately, that is all I know so if you can give me some more information about these berries, please make a comment below.



And the cranes are back for a short visit...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ingen aning. Tyvärr men någon annan kanske vet?

allan said...

De fina bären är tibast, Daphne mezerium som blommar med vackra rosa blommor på bar kvist tidigt på våren. Bären är giftiga. Om du vill läsa mer om blommor kan du titta på "virtuella floran". Där finns allt.
Allan

Bear said...

Tackar! Trodde nog att du skulle veta vad det är. Skall kolla "virtuella floran" och se om den kan vara till någon hjälp!