Thursday, August 27, 2020

Ecological burning

A big plume of smoke could be seen from Svångemåla some days ago.

It was a controlled fire / ecological burning about five kilometres north west of us. It was lit by the authorities to enable specific animals and plants to survive and thrive. The fire looked omnibus when I took my drone up to about 100 metres but when I later visited the area I could see how carefully the fire had been prepared with ditches,  water hoses etc. 

It has been unusually dry the last couple of months and it was therefore surprising to see how little the trees had been affected while the undergrowth was completely burnt. 

To be able to publish the drone photo I had to get a special permission so that I unintentionally did not reveal any military installations  :)









No comments: