Monday, August 6, 2007

Serious problem ! But not in Svångemåla.

According to today’s news, 2,252 Swedes have, so far this year, had to pay roughly Euro 100 for urinating in public places. Last year 3,328 were caught and 2002 the number of offenders was only approximately 900. The increase has made a lot of journalists speculate and the police to thoroughly analyse the situation.

I am not surprised at all! It is due to the ever increasing number of badgers that all house owners are trying to get rid of by marking our preserves / plots. It is amazing that our law enforcement officers do not realize this and, instead, are blaming it all on increased consumption of alcohol in public places.

As you might remember I have had some serious fights with badgers and it is only since I started to make a point of marking my space that I have seen a small, but important decline in attacks. I even ask male visitors to assist me by pointing them in the right direction when the need is there.

I am glad that the police is not coming to Svångemåla very often!

No comments: